Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» DEAD FORUMS
Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty28/2/2016, 7:20 am by Berzul

» Anime Expo 2016
Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty20/2/2016, 4:03 pm by WanderingWlf

» The truth about Paladins (Aka. Paladins Thread)
Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty19/2/2016, 8:21 pm by Berzul

» Prinny Squad Discord
Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty5/2/2016, 1:32 am by WanderingWlf

» Tree of Savior
Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty1/1/2016, 10:08 am by WanderingWlf

» Face Rig Live 2d
Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty14/12/2015, 9:17 am by Ruka

» Weiss General
Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty7/12/2015, 5:37 pm by Miomeo

» Hello! Ice breaking here
Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty6/12/2015, 5:06 am by yoonn27

» Nintendo 3DS Friend Codes
Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty1/12/2015, 5:57 am by Ruka

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Lord of Vermilion:Arena

5 posters

Go down

Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty Lord of Vermilion:Arena

Post by Berzul 22/5/2015, 3:33 am

http://lova.jp/

"Square Enix today announces that they're going to launch their latest MOBA title Lord of Vermilion: Arena into the Open Beta phase on 4 June in Japan"

The previous one, the Arcade exclusive, was known to have characters from anime and games as actual playable characters. What will this one evolve into? So far I think this game is going to be launched pretty soon, as in the open beta of this game.

Also

"Though the game is for Japanese market, it's not IP blocked. If you know some Japanese, you can also register a Square-Enix account anywhere."

I have been following this game and wondering if anyone would be interested in playing albeit mirror inconveniences. I'm sure one and two things can be figured out and the game should be playable, even if you never played games stricly in Japanese.
Berzul
Berzul

Experience : 2

Back to top Go down

Lord of Vermilion:Arena Empty Re: Lord of Vermilion:Arena

Post by BerryRemmy 22/5/2015, 9:08 pm

Seems interesting, too bad I can't read anything darkplease
BerryRemmy
BerryRemmy

Experience : 1

http://steamcommunity.com/id/XINviet

Back to top Go down

Post by Berzul 23/5/2015, 8:25 pm

To create at least some interest, let's bring some basics into the topic. In this game you play as one of the summoners that are able.. bla bla... I didn't really look into the story. But what's important is that the gameplay elements are quite easy to understand. Like all MOBAs (Or RTS games) You simply need to destroy the enemy base, or at least make it that it suffers more damage before the time runs out. I'm sure everyone can image how this game plays just by looking at videos posted all over the internet, so I don't think explaining how MOBAs work is necessary.

However, this time around all of the structures towers/minions/guardians serve as the HP of your team. The team that dealt more damage before the timer runs out win. To not lose, it's important how you configure your load-out. You play as an "avatar" which can equip with a weapon/armor/2 "summoner skills" and a passive. All those things combined with the selection of your cards weight if you are going to win or lose games.

Most important are of course the minions you are going to pick in your team. You summon them using MANA, which you get by killing stuff. They will follow you around, kill stuff, use skills on command (Cost your AP), and level up along side you. Because some of them you can't even summon at the start of the game, you need to have a plan for your early game and late game.

Of course they have their own HP and they will die. To resurrect them you either need to use a resurrection skill or go back to base (You can actually resummon them to skip the timer with the cost of your MANA). However, if you get defeated yourself, all of your summons die. All this is a matter because dying is very bad and most likely leads to being unable to participate in fighting because how low level your character and your minions are.

For combat, each weapon will have it's own range/shape. When an enemy enters that space, you can preform an attack which will be followed by every minion in your current party. It's pretty self explanatory though if you match a ranged type with melee minions it takes them time to move onto the target, which might be worth or not, depending on your play-style.

However, most of the damage you will have to deal or avoid are coming from the skills the minions will be using. To learn them all you will just have to play the game for a while, but don't worry since from what I saw most of the players just use the same cards over and over.

Also, at the start of the game, people will usually slip into lanes and do neutral mobs (The Jungle) before going into the lane. There are also middle "Minion-arc" Objectives on each side of the map, available for capture after a certain time. They are not as important as staying alive and farming MANA, but they do deal some damage to the enemy towers and drag enemy PCs. It's mostly worth to be aware if your enemy is around them so that you can ambush them easily.

For in-depth planning and tactics, mechanics behind the cards/summoners skills/weapons are explained in easy to translate language on the Japanese wiki. But learning them all might take some time so I suggest looking at some videos first to learn some of the combos.

I sure hope someone else will play this game, as in stream it, because I'm not looking that my computer will be able to play this game.
Berzul
Berzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Fermion 23/5/2015, 9:54 pm

Holy crap Berzul, you wrote a lot about this game. I'm not a huge fan of MMOs, I'll usually play them for a week and quit. I hope someone will try this out though, it might be interesting. I only wish I could read Japanese. n_n
Fermion
Fermion

Experience : 4

http://www.hitbox.tv/fermion http://steamcommunity.com/id/fermioncannon/

Back to top Go down

Post by Berzul 23/5/2015, 9:59 pm

Fermion wrote:Holy crap Berzul, you wrote a lot about this game. I'm not a huge fan of MMOs, I'll usually play them for a week and quit. I hope someone will try this out though, it might be interesting. I only wish I could read Japanese. n_n
Because I got bored watching Nep Nep... >....>
Berzul
Berzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuja 26/5/2015, 7:25 am

I was waiting this game for a long time, and i've heard its now in open beta, i should give it a try !

There's also another game who looks really great (from ncsoft though, so it's korean), named Master x Master Smile

If you find any tuto to create an account and play this game, i'll gladly do it and play with you !
Nuja
Nuja

http://www.hitbox.tv/ http://www.twitch.tv/ https://www.youtube.com/user/ http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Back to top Go down

Post by Berzul 26/5/2015, 9:34 am

Nuja wrote:If you find any tuto to create an account and play this game, i'll gladly do it and play with you !

To register you need to login with a square Enix account on their front page. The account I have created was in Japanese, and I haven't tested it with a different one. It's done in the same exact way as in any other language, maybe you would need to go to .jp or something I don't quite remember. If you have one already you can try logging in with that, or looking for a way to change your location to Japan or something.

In the case of how to play, there are also tutorial(s) in the game as well as vs. AI mode promised this upcoming update. I could put some screenshots later on explaining what menu does what, if that's like a problem because most of the text/icons should be self-explanatory.

There are also videos from the game, like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9adMEQthQO8 as well as some tutorial in Spanish (From a earlier closed beta test).

For anything downloadable I'm afraid there is nothing I could find, be patient.
Berzul
Berzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Berzul 4/6/2015, 6:00 am

So far the launch is mostly like it was in ArchAge. The server is on maintenance for about 3 hours from the first opening? But I seem to have problems with the client itself, as it hardly stable along without Japanese characters, nothing I can fix myself though.

Well I managed to play a game of pvp, but right it seems very unstable whenever you get actually into the game or not. The game also runs with strange frame rate and eats inputs. Anyone has an advice of how to make your laptop into a more stable gaming machine?
Berzul
Berzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaji 5/6/2015, 7:31 am

Do you know how to equip other weapons?
Kaji
Kaji

Experience : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Berzul 5/6/2015, 8:52 am

http://lova.jp/member/playguide_battlestart_equipment.php

It should be the 4 option from the menu. You have to confirm after changing which is the bottom button on the right.

Also you start the game with 3 free weapons, but you have to craft new ones yourself from the shop.
Berzul
Berzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaji 7/6/2015, 2:05 pm

You think you could do a menu translation post if possible ^^ I can't read japanese at all so I'm confused were to craft and such.
Kaji
Kaji

Experience : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Berzul 8/6/2015, 2:09 am

It doesn't hurt clicking trust me.

http://lova.jp/member/images/playguide/referenceimages/battlestart_home_1.jpg

From the top to bottom,

戦闘 Battle (Where you begin your game)
システム Shop (Where you buy and craft. The second tab is for buying familiars the 3rd one is crafting. Rest is greyed out for this test.)
使い魔 Minions (Where you configure your deck, the top one is the only one you can configure with free minions the rest only accept the ones you bought from the shop. Interestingly you start the game with some already so you can almost choose a playstyle)
装備 Equipment (First option is loadout which you can change the items you start the game with. When you craft something it's not equipped so be sure to go there after shopping.
The second is upgrade, from there you can apply BP to existing items. The first option on the right, or level up your equips, which is the bottom option also from the right.
And finally the third one which is greyed out is weapon adjustment which is unavailable atm)
セットアップ? Setup (Where you change things like your look, currently only voice, and titles which is completely up to you)
マイページ My page (Where you can look history, check rankings and join teams after your reach Rank15. There's nothing interesting there but I guess you can click on it just to check it out Razz)
Berzul
Berzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum