Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» DEAD FORUMS
Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty28/2/2016, 7:20 am by Berzul

» Anime Expo 2016
Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty20/2/2016, 4:03 pm by WanderingWlf

» The truth about Paladins (Aka. Paladins Thread)
Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty19/2/2016, 8:21 pm by Berzul

» Prinny Squad Discord
Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty5/2/2016, 1:32 am by WanderingWlf

» Tree of Savior
Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty1/1/2016, 10:08 am by WanderingWlf

» Face Rig Live 2d
Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty14/12/2015, 9:17 am by Ruka

» Weiss General
Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty7/12/2015, 5:37 pm by Miomeo

» Hello! Ice breaking here
Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty6/12/2015, 5:06 am by yoonn27

» Nintendo 3DS Friend Codes
Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty1/12/2015, 5:57 am by Ruka

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Tips for traveling by Plane?

+3
Linohlyn
Miomeo
Wedigu
7 posters

Go down

Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty Tips for traveling by Plane?

Post by Wedigu 5/5/2015, 10:18 am

I know nothing about traveling by plane are there any need to knows like what I should be bringing or not bring? How early should I leave for my flight? What do I do when I get there?
Wedigu
Wedigu

Experience : 0

Back to top Go down

Tips for traveling by Plane? Empty Re: Tips for traveling by Plane?

Post by Miomeo 5/5/2015, 11:46 am

I've only been a plane three times but I know that for luggage stuff, the luggage that you bring with you (aka called carry-on) on the plane should not contain liquids that over 100 milliliters or 3.4 ounces and if you have liquids, you should at least put them in a clear zip lock bag in case they decide to check your bags. Obvious stuff shouldn't be taken with you aka a gun or a dakimakura (jk). I think there's also bag limits to take on the plane with you.

Devices should be turned off when you board the plane aka your phone, your handhelds, tablets. You can turn them on after the plane takes off. You also have to turn them off again when the plane begins to prepare for landing. They will tell you this anyways.

You should probably get there as early as you can because there is boarding time, and take off time. Always be there before boarding time because who knows how long the security might check you. Also gotta count in traffic to the airport when you drive there and stuff. Security might be super long.

Miomeo
Miomeo

Experience : 22

http://hitbox.tv/miomeo http://twitch.tv/miomeo http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/miomeo

Back to top Go down

Post by Linohlyn 5/5/2015, 12:01 pm

For my first time flying, my mom made me bring a pack of gum. This helped sooo much during the flight because my ears would pop like crazy. Your ears might hurt quite a bit afterwards though. I would really recommend bringing a pack of gum. Though, the flight attendants will more than likely give you a pack of peanuts too. Other than that, have fun experiencing take off and landing. Smile
Linohlyn
Linohlyn

Experience : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/5/2015, 1:06 pm

Have you never flown before?

If you plan on bringing checked luggage, do not keep electronics or anything with battery in it, take it in your carry on. My mother recently had her camera thrown out by TSA as she put it in her checked luggage by mistake. The hull of the plane where they're kept isn't pressurized like the cabin and it can get quite cold, so batteries might explode. There is a possibility they might be nice and allow you to claim it or have it mailed to you but it's not worth the risk.

When you arrive, which I usually try to arrive at least two hours before boarding time, go to the gate or kiosk of your airline and get your boarding pass and check your luggage. You'll then proceed through security. You won't be allowed to bring opened outside food or drink with you past that point, there are shops and restaurants passed security however if you want to eat or drink. You can take those on the plane with you but are usually prompted to throw them out once take off is about to begin.

Even if you don't need to use the washroom, make every effort to try and empty your tank so to speak so before boarding. Planes of course do have toilets but they're an awful experience to use.

Back to top Go down

Post by usesoda 5/5/2015, 1:44 pm

You should be able to check in online 24 hours before your flight. I usually do this to get my boarding pass on my phone and just check my baggage at the airport. All the advice up there is good and mine is more like convenience and also saves time.
usesoda
usesoda

Experience : 6

http://steamcommunity.com/id/desota/

Back to top Go down

Post by Twidusk 5/5/2015, 2:28 pm

My advice is it's very important to know which major airline you'll be flying with. It's the top thing that still confuses me especially since I switch often since I come from a small town. What I mean is, say you start with flying with American Airlines, your next flight can switch to Delta Airlines. It's very important that you know that your airline is going to change so you don't get your times mixed up on the boards they'll have posted throughout the airport. I remember looking on a board for American Airlines when I should have been moved to a whole different part of the airport for Delta. I missed a flight this way so make sure you know!!!

Also, don't believe the time/gate number on your ticket that you get unless it's your first flight. Connecting flights always change and so do the gates so be aware! Make sure you look at the signs posted around the airport because they're your best friend.
Twidusk
Twidusk

Experience : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/5/2015, 2:43 pm

Gravol is also your friend if you're concerned about motion sickness! To echo what Lin said, there will be drink and snack service where you can get a water or soda and treat for free. You can buy sandwiches and alcoholic beverages as well if you so fancy, but they will be very expensive so don't rely on it for you food for the day.

Both types of seats have pros and cons. Sitting by the window can be scary if you're afraid of heights but I find looking out the window can be comforting to know that the Earth is still there. If you choose to leave your seat you might bother the person next to you but oh well, lol. Aisle seats allow you more freedom to come and go as you please but you'll have to deal with people walking by you constantly as well as the flight attendants during cart service.

That being said... While I don't think any of us will be on a flight long enough to risk developing a blood clot, it would be a good idea to get up and move every hour or so. Just a small trip to the bathroom to wash your hands or fix your hair if you'd rather not awkwardly walk up and down the aisles.

Planes are loud, so recommend earplugs or your headphones. You won't be allowed to wear them during take off or landing as they want you to be able to hear any necessary instructions.

I've only been in one flight that had 'mild' turbulence. It was not a fun experience but not entirely scary. Don't be afraid to ask the flight attendants about anything, they are there to make sure you're comfortable and not upset. No flight will ever be perfectly smooth, so anticipate bumps and such.

They say the safest place to sit on the plane is near the back but I prefer being closer to the front. I don't like sitting near the wings either.

I feel like I've horribly digressed from your original questions lol. I've only flown maybe 10 times my whole life so my information is kind of limited.

Back to top Go down

Post by usesoda 5/5/2015, 3:03 pm

You might sit behind someone who is sick and coughing throughout the flight. You will also get sick.

Wear light deodorant and clean clothes because you might sit next to a Nico and I don't think she likes poor hygiene. Just make sure you don't smell and hope others follow suit.

If you're the type to make poor jokes about security or bombs, you might want to refrain.

You will constantly hear about how you shouldn't leave luggage/bags alone while in the airport. Don't leave them alone.

I just felt like adding more stuff. We're stretching it now because honestly I don't think flying is intimidating. If you're traveling by yourself it's actually quite nice because the only person you need to worry about is you.
usesoda
usesoda

Experience : 6

http://steamcommunity.com/id/desota/

Back to top Go down

Post by Epilogic 5/5/2015, 7:22 pm

Honestly, all i need to say is try NOT TO GET A MIDDLE SEAT, ITS HORRID!
Epilogic
Epilogic

Experience : 2

https://www.youtube.com/c/epilogic http://www.hitbox.tv/epilog

Back to top Go down

Post by Enderkai 6/5/2015, 2:08 am

for carry on luggage you should try to bring a duffelbag sized bag and you can bring on a purse also which can help which ranges from a small backpack to a small handbag

oh how horrible someone downvoted des and his nico comment ...
Enderkai
Enderkai

Experience : 3

http://www.hitbox.tv/Enderkai http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032847815/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedigu 6/5/2015, 6:51 am

Do you stick with the times given to you or when flying do you follow the times on the clocks in the airports? Because im 2 hours ahead so if im going to LA and it says ill arrive at 9pm wouldnt it be 7pm instead? Or should I just ignore that and just go by the times on my clock?

Last edited by Wedigu on 6/5/2015, 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got old times mixed up with new times.)
Wedigu
Wedigu

Experience : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/5/2015, 7:52 am

Wedigu wrote:Do you stick with the times given to you or when flying do you follow the times on the clocks in the airports? Because im 2 hours ahead so if im going to LA and it says ill arrive at 11pm wouldnt it be 9pm instead? Or should I just ignore that and just go by the times on my clock?

That means you're arriving in LA at 11pm. Flight departure and arrival times are given in the local time zones of the locations they're in.

For example, I'm leaving Calgary, Mountain Standard Time, shortly before noon, and landing in LA, Pacific Standard Time, shortly after 2pm. The flight however is three hours long so it accounts for the time zone difference.

If you want to be sure just calculate your departure time plus flight time to get when you are arriving in Eastern Standard Time, then subtract two hours to account for the time zone difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum